View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Hand from a live game

I was on vacation for a week in the middle of nowhere, but the road back home took us through Reno so I stopped in and hunted down a poker room. It's a 3/6 live game with kind of a funny betting structure -- blinds are $1 and $2, but all the betting is normal after that (so a raise preflop makes it 5, bets on the flop are 3, turn 6, etc). Game's pretty loose in general.

I'm in the BB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 4 people limp, SB folds and I check so it's 5 to the flop for $11.

Flop (5 players - $11): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I've been playing tighter than most of these guys, showed down some good hands, and I know that at least 3 of the four players in this hand have noticed (one of them even made a comment earlier). So I go ahead and bet, figuring I'll take one shot and it's an easy fold to a raise. Three people do fold and one person calls (and it's the guy who commented earlier). He's been calling on most flops so far with anything, but folding later streets -- and he actually likes to make "big laydowns" (showing his cards, patting himself on the back, etc).

Turn (2 players - $16): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet (standard? four-to-a-flush, out of position, etc), he calls.

River(2 players - $28): 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Now what? And do we hate the flop/turn bets?