View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: JJ line - monster pot

I feel waiting to the turn to raise is a better option here, given the highly coordinated board. It's highly likely you have to dodge all the overs, any [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], any 4 and possibly even a 10 or 9 (MP2 may hold 1010 or 99). Meaning your opponents collectively have > 20 outs to beat you. Therefore, your equity edge on the flop is minute, possibly inexistent (I may be going a litte overboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Should a safe card fall on the turn, your equity edge will improve vastly, and thus I feel this is where you should exploit that edge. I feel this is great opportunity to forgo your small edge on the flop, in an attempt to push a potentially greater edge on the turn. It’s also important to note, this line is appropriate as there is no valid way to protect your hand given the bettor’s position (I don’t feel loose opponents will have any problem calling 2 more SB should you 3-bet the flop)

EDIT: I'd also like to add that this line will most likely result in a very similar sized final pot, possibly even a greater sized pot, and you will not be missing out on any vaule by waiting until the turn.