View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: JJ line - monster pot

Deranged:

[ QUOTE ]
2. Flop three-bet is absolutely necessary, particularly if it will force out some of the one-bet types. Waiting until the turn makes some sense here, but you can confront a few with 2 cold here and I don't really want to miss that opportunity. (I do encourage someone to pen a reply about why waiting until the turn is right here... I think it's damn close.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is close too. The problem with the flop 3 bet is that it really does little to protect....they would still be getting 28:2 or better. However, I do think a 3-bet might make the hand play out a bit more straightforward on the flop and turn; where as a flop flat call could lead to a bet an a raise in front of you on the turn--with or without a scare card hitting.

While facing the field with 2 BB would be best, there is also a very real chance that MP won't bet the turn...especially if he is raising on the flop with a flush draw, or somethinkg like 88-TT and an overcard hits on the turn.

Hmmm....the more I think about it, the more I think a flop 3-bet is probably the way to go; but I think I would have waited till the turn in the heat of battle.