View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: I Really Hate Some People Here

[ QUOTE ]
It's really no biggie.
Most of the people who come here don't have the patience to read enough to improve their game, and most of those that do lack the discipline to implement what they've learned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't speak for everyone... but I know that's exactly what I did.

When I first started playing poker online last September, I blew $300 in 3 deposits over the course of a week. Being a college student at the time with no source of income, that was a huge blow to me and I swore that I wouldn't do it again.

I started looking for ways to inmprove my game. I first found ITH, where the people there were great in helping out a complete noob. I realized that I saw way too many flops (about 40%) only ever raised Aces, Kings and sometime Queens, never bet unless I had the nuts (I was a calling station) and chased all the wrong way. Simply put, I was a fish.

Soon after through ITH I found 2+2. From reading many many posts (the hand forums simply are amasing at the wealth of info there is, even when they're not your hands) and reading some 2+2 books (I personally hate reading and you'd never seen me with a book before poker) I completely turned my poker game around and now do well for myself.

So, if it worked for me, why shouldn't I believe that it would work for others?