Thread: The Bubble
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: The Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 8 was just silly. The call preflop is just about ok, although I don't particularly love it, but then to re-raise him all in when he's put half his remaining stack on the flop, he ain't folding, and you will see a jack virtually every time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he might fold given UTG's short stack, and I thought it was also not unlikely he had a hand like 99 or 88. But I was probably wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact of UTG being short stack (and he's not all that short, at least not in terms of chips, most people don't think in terms of BBs at this stage, even though they should) means he is less likely to cont. bet this flop with an underpair, or even AKo etc. He's going to be very careful to protect his chips against you, the only one on the table who can bust him. I would be very surprised if he has a jack less than 90% of the time here.

As for the Q2s hand. Well, let 'em look you up then, but I really can't see it because a call is going to absolutely cripple them. I'd rather do it here than against the big stack in the BB next hand. (Although you picked up a relative monster and just got unlucky)