View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Something I\'m thinking through in the super-loose Nanos.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this is a problem I encounter a few times each session. I am either the button or the cutoff (maybe even a blind...where in fact this question applies even more because of the positional problems that arise) and i get dealt: AA KK QQ JJ or AK, AQ. Of the 6 or 7 people who acted in front of me, 4, 5 or even 6 of them called! Most of them probably have A3o, K6s, J9, the under the gun player has 76o, etc. We're talking 5 piddly cents here (not half a bet, not to these guys)

I want to raise. I SHOULD raise. However, the problem is that some of these, and yes i'll call them, fish/idiots who called with 57o in UTG+1, are going to flop a gutshot. Others will flop 3 to a flush, etc. Good, these guys are gonna be drawing against me and the majority of the time, they will be shoveling me their money. BUT...If I raise before the flop, and nobody but the small blinds fold (common ), there will be as many as 7, 8, or 9 BB in that pot on the flop. I'm making it CORRECT for the fish to call now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let those fish pay to see that the flop misses them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Make them pay with their weak hands before they know the flop won't help them.