View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Rant - how do I avoid this type of tilt?

Are you playing live? If so, I totally sympathize. Having a table coach at the table can hurt everyone's mood, and its hard not to be affected by this. I don't think that you are making an improper adjustment by lowering your hand requirements. If villain is tilting, you really need to take a "get-it-while-its-hot" kind of approach to this situation. He might cap every street with one pair versus your set...

If you're playing online, I can't give much advice though. I often have the chat off, and its pretty rare that I pay attention to what people are saying. I like to let someone's betting patterns tell me what kind of player they are. Also, I multitable...

The important thing to realize though is that you should not let anyone ruin your mood. I'm not making excuses for this short tempered player. I'm just saying that its important to live a happy life, and enjoy the things that you do. You aren't going to be a very happy person if you let your losses or other people's attitudes put you in a bad mood.
When I see someone acting like this, sometimes it helps for me to imagine that they are simply a child throwing a tantrum. That way I don't take them seriously, or feel obliged to respond.
As for the real problem: short tempered player chasing away the calling station. I would try to defend the calling station. I really hate it when people who are playing cards to have a good time get berated for winning a pot. Everyone has the right to win the occasional pot. Thats what the game is about.