View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Faith Not \"Enough\" in Chritianity?

My perspective is a bit different than most. I was raised in a cult/sect faith healing environment for my first 15 years. Now atheist or agnostic depending on my mood. But here's the rather weird cultish perspective that I was taught.

It's either heaven or hell, no purgatory, and the choice is eternal. To not go to hell:

1. Must believe Jesus is son of God

2. Must repent sins to him.

3. Can't sin then die without repenting said sin.

4. For some reason, Jewish people have an out since they are God's chosen people. If they die without doing 1-3, when Jesus returns, they rise up from the dead and he gives them the option to change their minds on 1-3 and go to heaven.

5. My logical conclusion, was that God would have some threshhold for the constant 'sin then repent, then repeat same sin' people. If they did it too much, it was BS and still hell for them.

6. If you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, all bets are off and you cannot go to Heaven no matter what (just the Holy Spirit (not God the Father or Son-Jesus)

7. If you take the Mark of the Beast (Antichrist) all bets are off and it's hell for you.

With these doctrines, if one is struggling with faith/etc, one can simply blashpeme the Holy Ghost, and never worry about it again.

I'm pretty sure these rules are stricter than anything mainstream. It was very weird when I started spotting logical inconsistencies in my indoctrination around 3rd grade.