View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: 5-Card Draw: Limping Villain

[ QUOTE ]
Occasionally when playing draw, I run into a player who never raises and then will draw 2 most every time. Villain does this with both trips and small pair w/Ace.

I have a hard time after the draw value betting anything less than trips against this kind of player. Should I even be trying? I hate checking behind when I make KK up, but that seems like right choice most of the time.

Anyone have experience with this kind of opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're raising predraw, right? He has xxA a lot more often than he has trips. That's a lot of equity right there.

The main question for value-betting, though, is with what he will call, not what he has predraw. If he makes a smaller two pair? Only aces up and better? Anything? If only aces up or better, then obviously you shouldn't bet anything worse than this.

With two small pair I think the odds are still against a bet being profitable, since there are strictly less than 66 2-card pair combinations left, but I think there are ~84 combinations that make trips (or better) and ~120 ways to make aces-up (or trip aces). So it seems that when called after the draw you will most likely be behind if you only hold two pair.