View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Faith Not \"Enough\" in Chritianity?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So when critics say that a Christian can be a scoundrel and still go to heaven if they have the right faith, I think most of them realize that the scoundrel has to have changed his ways before his proclamation of belief holds any water. I'm guessing that if he just had been shot after molesting a child, and using her as a shield against police he was firing at, and now professes his new found faith and his desire to be good ten seconds before he dies, he has a problem as far as Chritian belief goes. And that most non Christians have the same opinion about Christian belief in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

"proclamation of beliefs", and "professes new found faith".
the truth of these proclamtions and profesations(which only God can know) is going to be the determining factor for christians. if the child molester actually finds faith rather than merely professing it in his last seconds i think most christians think he will be ok and will not be punished for having the misfortune to die seconds after this conversion of the heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this. My Christian upbringing taught me that proclaiming your faith isn't enough- you must truly believe it, and only God can make that determination.