View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Table selection method?

I'm not sure when you last played regularly, but the best (loosest) action on Party 1/2 is at the 6max tables now. Of course, that also means higher variance, and it can be an adjustment for a person used to playing full ring, but I think 6max is easily worth it if you're a halfway decent player.

Anyway, as to table selection...I have an extensive buddy list populated by the worst players I've bumped into over the months. When I log on to my account, the first thing I do is run a player search for my buddies, and if any are playing on limits I can currently afford, that's the table I join. This isn't perfect, as sometimes I'll end up at a table with the 1 donk & 8 TAGs, but I can always move on if I'm not holding my own vs. the field.

Another trick I learned is to look for half-full tables that are still averaging decent-sized (4-6 BB) pots. What you'll often find is that you've just got 4 or 5 recreational players (read: donks) playing it up there & thriving on all the action. Some of my most profitable sessions came from situations like this, where I wound up as the only TAG against 4+ horrible players.