View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: 2-4 Hands. poor played?

[ QUOTE ]

I think betting this river is Ok, but you need to think hard about folding to the raise, even though you are getting good odds to call. The only thing you are beating here is a pure bluff.

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with this at all. They are playing 4 handed and people make moves all the time. I can easily see villan having a Q K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here and decided hero was weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's very little chance that an aggro player would min chkrse river with a hand as weak as KQ with a busted draw.

I really think that it's a losing proposition to go around thinking you're always being bluffed. Just because people do it a lot in a 4-handed game, doesn't mean that villian is on a bluff in this hand. In fact, I can't think of a single bigger leak in a NL game than constantly suspecting that your opponents are on a steal.

On the flop and turn, Hero has a weak Ace and a weak flush draw. All he wants to do it get to a cheap showdown or take it away on flop or turn if he can. Hero's weak play on the turn pretty well tells his opponent that he doesn't have a strong made hand. So yes, villian could be on a bluff here, but in my experience people just don't min-chkrse for $100 in a 2/4 game (short or not).