View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Answer to question

The lists are stored on the user's computer after downloading with the program.

If you mean "Where are the lists available for download?" I don't wish to promote FishFinder at this time.

A strict interpretation of "no automation" would include FishFinder and the other tools.

While I strongly believe these tools do not violate the letter or the spirit of PP's rules, there is no means of conducting a two-way conversation with these people. They could just have tape recordings instead of live people in the investigations department and save a lot of money.

Without any kind of response from PP I cannot give users any kind of assurance that their accounts will not be closed and funds seized.

FYI: None of my tools were running on my computer during the time PP started warning me and then closed my account a week later. I do not consider any of my tools "poker bots" in that they do not make any AI decisions for the player. PP may have a different opinion but it is impossible to find out what that opinion is.

Did they mean "exist on your computer" when they said "running on your computer"? I don't know but I think they have a good command of the English language and would not make that mistake.

Other poker sites are salivating at the thought of taking market share from PP. Perhaps they might be willing to be more forthright about their rules to attract players. Many sites, in fact, have been more specific in their objections as noted elsewhere in this forum.

I would love to "work this out" with PP and get my money back. Any suggestions how this might be accomplished with people who can only say "I'm sorry but you violated the TOC. No, we cannot tell you how you violated the TOC."? I was able to get a supervisor on the line who repeated the same mantra but was willing to look at my case if I resent my emails to PP to her. That was a week ago and, big surprise, no response.

I was becoming more and more unhappy with PP long before this became an issue. Poor customer service, disconnects, server crashes, etc. I am no longer angry at PP and am actually happy to be playing elsewhere.

I do feel it is important to make all users aware of this affair with PP so they can make their own judgments.