View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: 2-4 Hands. poor played?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. Hero has a laggy image, Villian is an unknown but has raised/bet a lot of pots. 4 handed.

Hero has A9, 9 of hearts, on Button. Villian is in BB.

Hero raises to 14 preflop. VIllian calls

(pot 34) Flop: AQ8, 3 hearts. VIllian checks. Hero bets 25. Villian raises to 60. Hero Calls.

Turn: (pot 154) A spades. Villian checks, Hero checks.

River: 4 clubs. Villian checks. Hero bets 100. Villian raises to 200. Hero calls. Should I have not bet this river??? What reasons should I not bet this river. I was aiming for Villian to make a "big call" with a Q or worse in this spot but when I got raised, there was too mcuh money in the pot for me to fold, or should I have just folded quickly.

Villain showed AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 mistakes in this hand. First, you either fold after being raised on the flop, or you reraise, or you call and plan to bet pot if villian checks to you on the turn. I would very seriously consider folding here since villian could have any number of hands, and yours is too tempting to stack off with in -EV situations (i.e. unimproved A or flush with the 9).

I think betting this river is Ok, but you need to think hard about folding to the raise, even though you are getting good odds to call. The only thing you are beating here is a pure bluff.

Marlow