View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Whats your play and how easy a decision is it?

[ QUOTE ]
So your way, you're committing many many more chips to the pot than I am WITH NO HAND. yea he might lay down, but this is online, he's not dropping an ace after you check-raise (because people make incorrect check-raises like the one you're suggesting).

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect? its a beautiful thing to be correct all the time. The whole point is that he is unlikely to have an ace, but he will likely bet the flop if its checked around. The raise gets him to fold his non-ace almost every time.Also lets not forget, it isn't no hand no draw... you can still win (quite often as well) if your check/raise gets called! fancy that.

[ QUOTE ]
If they call, I have outs to improve. (didn't I mention all this already? I feel like I'm repeating myself)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you did mention this already, and my assertion is that the button is not in a call/fold situation. If he has the Ace, he raises, if he doesn't.. he most likely folds. I feel like I am repeating myself.(now where have I heard that rediculous line before..)

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, your line of thinking is all wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, your line is wrong as well, but I wont write a post telling you that your thinking is incorrect. I think its called having a polite exchange of views.

[ QUOTE ]
If they raise, its a simple matter of math on the call/fold decision. This is the easiest decision to make. And don't forget about implied odds here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to be in a hurry to turn this little draw into 2/7 os.. which really is counter-intuitive.

I apologise profusely for having an opinion that differs from yours Sir.