View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Final Table Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, Rock raises, I 3-bet, he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavis - I wonder if "Rock" has chosen that name as a deceptive ploy.

At any rate, I think you should simply call after Rock raises. Then I think you probably check and call the rest of the way. Playing that way doesn't win as much for you as playing more aggressively, but you're out of position and playing conservatively is a lot safer.

Rock shouldn't have a low draw hand after this flop, and should have something for high, possibly 9QXY, the same straight as you, or a set. But Rock could simply be trying to bully you out of the pot. (Although you cannot know it at the time, Rock evidently does not have 9QXY). At any rate, you're out of position and things don't look good - but I wouldn't let someone push me out of this pot. (Neither would I assume Rock is bluffing and bet into him/her).

Playing conservatively, assuming Rock has a higher straight than you on the river, you lose 56000 and end the hand with 24344. If you have to concede your small blind on the next hand, you'll still be alive. When you win, you'll only win between 28000 and 60000 but you should be happy to just survive here.

Buzz