View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: check-raised with TP3K

No read makes this a very difficult hand. I would have to fold to a check-raise. I know he could be on a draw but do you risk it? Yes, you lost t4200 plus an ante but you are still alive. I absolutely hate making moves at a new table. I swear, I get busted out of more tournaments when moved to a new table. I also need to learn use extra caution for at least an orbit, probably two orbits is better. I assume the re-buy period is over. If the re-buy was still going on I think this would be an easier decision.

If you fold you will definitely know if you made the right move within two orbits. I can not tell you how many times I can say that I made the right move after watching his action.

Also, here is a move I use to a recently moved player. I will usually not raise with AK pf if a new player opens the action. If an Ace flops, he can not put you on AK and his AJ will go down in flames. This move is nearly 100% versus a new player to table. I remember losing once to the blind when they hit their two pair but it is the old risk/reward thing.

Stipe