View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:27 AM

Default More Support Horror Stories

Just thought I'd share this one, though it's pretty old.

There was a 100% matching bonus up to $500 on Empire quite a way back (before they ran another that was a "typo" and was rolled back). I hadn't played there yet, so set up an account and deposited $500 from my mother's credit card.

I know that I'm financially irresponsible and so have avoided getting my own card.

As soon as I login, my account is frozen and they ask for forms. Fine - I email and ask if I or my mother should fill out the forms, explaining that it's her card I'm using.

They fail to reply. So I mail again. Each day for a week. I rang them up, to be told that a supervisor would ring me back. I got called once, whilst driving down the motorway at 90mph, so asked that they ring back in 5 minutes whilst I pull over.

I pull over - no response. I ring - "you'll be called back". No call. Try again the next day. No call. No email.

So I chargeback the $500 and haven't played on Empire since. I imagine I'm security flagged there now anyway, I gather that chargebacks cost the company $5 to process. Shame I couldn't charge them for my wasted time too, not to mention the $500 bonus...