View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: TPTK on a non-dangerous board

[ QUOTE ]
45suited, if this guy illmatic is supposedly a solid player, than I really hate calling the flop. If he has a small pocket pair, a large % of the time you are risking your whole stack just to hope to win one more bet that you often aren't going to get. These 2-4 outers do come sometimes. Best case is he has some crap like AQ and an ace comes on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I look at things a little differently than alot of players. I don't view every pot as "I have the best hand... hopefully I can take someone's stack". If a pot is sizeable, I'll take it while I have the best hand. If someone wants to chase, I'm going to make them pay. But I'm not so concerned with squeezing every last chip out of every pot.

I also try to get to certain general chip levels if possible along the way of the tournament. Once I reach these levels, I get very patient. (Like PVS's advice regarding the level 4 play before the structure changed.) Taking this pot would get me to a comfort zone. So I'm raising the flop, pushing if re-raised. Simple.

A huge portion of my chips in SNGs comes from strongly betting the best hands and letting my opponents out-think themselves.

Sometimes I almost think that I'm at an advantage simply because I know what my strengths and weaknesses are and I don't try to get too fancy and outsmart myself.