View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Do you call here?

Ok well what's a better spot? I'm not trying to answer my own question, I believe there have to be legitimate reasons for folding however I don't think any of you have taken into account the blind size in relation to my stack. I had 15000, the blinds are 2000/4000. There are 7 people. I'm in the button, the blinds are coming my way in 5 hands and taking half my stack.

If I had acted before the raiser I would have pushed that hand without a moment's hesitation. I'm not going to get cards better than 44 anytime soon (i.e. within the next 5 hands) and will likely have to push with weaker hands if I don't call here.

So I suppose ultimately what I am asking is: Is calling here the same as pushing here?

Would you fold cards in this situation that you would normally push (if you knew you were not up against a monster hand)?

Why/not?

*edited to add*

Actually I think this is far too situational to benefit from any advice. I had a read, I made a decision, I went in as a favorite and I lost. I knew it was a gamble and it didn't pay out, no one can really justify it for me one way or the other, I think I'm just suffereing from hand playback syndrome.

Thanks for the responses thus far.