View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

Bar pool stories always involve fighting over the money it seems. pool hall stories seem to focus on the nut cases who play the game. But I did play bar pool once in a frat boy bar with a nut case friend from the pool hall one time. After we won the bet and the frat boys didn't pay - of course - my friend decided to collect the bet. He was drunk - of course. I guess it's the old saying about fools and drunks. There were so many guys piled on trying to kick my friend's ass that nobody could hit him. All I could see was the brim of his hat and the bright red dunken nose poking out. Nobody bothered with me for whatever reason. Somehow I got my friend dislodged from the pile and out the door basically unscathed. What an idiot he was that night. And some other nights when he got drunked up for that matter.

Much preferred the pool hall where the bets got paid and there were no fights. Just a collection of lunatics. Dollar gin with Crazy Timmy. Cheap nine ball with the Bennett Bomber. Cheap anything with Roger Rabbit a/k/a Roger Ramjet. Drinking w/ Marty. Chain smoking with the Big Man watching children get injured while running top speed into pinball machines. Carleton insisting on pushout rules playing with his balabushka in the fellini case. Jonesy betting football. That's only a few. I miss the pool hall. That particular one closed and became a church for the horror of all horrors.