View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: A few hands from my wonderful day.

Hand 1: This isnt an easy hand here. This is pretty read dependent, and its hard to know what to do here without a read. However, without a read on the SB, Im fold ing this hand and hating it. You cant call here, so your only options are all-in or fold. If your going to risk your entire stack on Ace high and the nut flush draw, you better be damn sure on what your doing. (although you do have some fold equity) And since I have NO reads, Im not damn sure. I put SB on A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hand 2: Fold . You have less than 3X the BB, with little fold equity, not to mention awful postion and a hand that can be easily dominated. Try to gamble and get lucky in the blinds. I wouldnt have letten myself get this low in this position.

Hand 3: I can understand folding here, since if you do the BB will have to post the SB next and youll have around a 350 chip lead on him on the bubble. However, I think I have the Button dominated here, and Im only in awful shape against 2 hands. (and he prolly wouldnt push those) Not to mention the increased chance of finishing 2nd or even 1st. I call , expect Button to flip over a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and take down the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 4: Gap Concept and position warrants a raise to 150 here. I can also see folding being ok here, since its early on and you want to keep the pot small. However, I still think raising is the best option.

Hand 5: Im limping here. The call from Utg +1 and another limper indicates that I probobly dont have that much better of a hand then they do, and this also gives me a chance to keep the pot small early on, and not force myself to bet a flop and get commited.

[\Answer Sheet] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]