View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Poker Rewards reload bonus- is it worth it?

I got a $200 for 2000 hands deal, and that has felt like pulling teeth. $100 for 5000 hands in a week, I would pass on that. You would probably have to play double the amount of hands at your level since it is raked hands and not just hands played. Factor in the amount of time you have to wait on the waiting list to get in a 1/2 game and I really think you should pass.

Note: In order for them to count it, the rake has to be at least 25 cents. So for your .50/1 or 1/2 games, the pot will need to get to $5, and often times it does not in .5/1 there. In 1/2 there were quite a few hands that did not make it to $5 as well, but it was obviously better then .50/1. I was averaging about 35-40 raked hands per hour per table playing 1/2.

I do not know if this is standard or not but I noticed it at Poker Rewards more over any other site. If the last bet makes the pot over $5 and no one calls it, the pot is not raked. A nice feature for collecting non raked pots, but not nice for playing 2000 (or X000) raked hands. Again, this is probably the norm, but it happened constantly at Poker Rewards.