View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Sheffield = Clown

I think Schilling actually spends a good amount of time bashing his teammates to the press but hides behind being "an anonymous Red Sox player." I think he is the basis for a lot of the negative comments about Manny, for example, and I think he had a lot of negative quotes about Nomar when he was still here as well.

For the most part I wish athletes would just shut the hell up. I'm no more interested in what they have to say than celebrities, either their opinions on world issues or their behind-the-scenes gossip. Maybe I'm spoiled by hockey players, who for the most part give stock answers, always stick up for their teammates and coaches and say the right thing about the fans and the franchise. I wish ballplayers were more like that. I like watching them play ball, not spout off. Actually, that's one of the many many things I love about Manny Ramirez, I have never ever heard a direct quote from him that reflected negatively on anybody.

Sheffield has also admitted he tanked plays in an attempt to get himself traded, and earlier this season stated that if the Yankees traded him, he would make himself a clubhouse cancer on his new team. I generally think he's a jerk whenever he opens his mouth.