View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: A Lot of Fun Until Your Friends Find Out...

[ QUOTE ]
You say that you are getting 10-1 with the pot offering you 7 2/3-1. You claim that this is a very profitable call. No it is not. Yes if you calculate all your overcard outs as clean it is profitable, but not "very profitable".

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to think 45% is a good return on my money, but then maybe I'm just retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
You have two overcards That you can't count as clean. Let me reiterate, your hand consists of a poor draw to a possible 6 outs.

What if villain cold called the preflop raise w/1010? Or even AK? or KQ or A10? or JJ? or QQ? or A3 suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

You sincerely need to work on your hand reading skills. There are very obvious reasons why villain does not have any of those hands with the possible exception of TT.

[ QUOTE ]
While i am sure your answer will be "that is unlikely", it is likely enough to discount your hand at least a 1-2 outs. If you give yourself five clean outs you can call the turn profitably for 1 bet. If you give yourself 4 clean outs you actually could still call hoping to get 1 bet from villain on the river if you hit your hand. Neither of these scenarios is "very profitable" as you say, but will show a slight gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to say this is a radical change from "terrible," which was your original analysis. You've in fact just constructed a pretty nice argument why a turn call is necessary.

[ QUOTE ]
I really do not think there is any debate that this is a poorly played hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. That's why I was asking. I sincerely hope that you get past the point of thinking that these boards are for personal evaluations of people's play. I reiterate that I posted the hand because I felt I probably misplayed it.

I will say this last post is certainly a step in the right direction, though.