Thread: Straight pool
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Straight pool

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The game of champions. I've set a goal of a run of 30 balls by September 1st. My previous (witnessed) high run was 17. I've just started playing regulary again after a 1-1/2 years off. I've had a 14 ball run in each of my last two games.

Anyone else play them some straights? Or one-pocket?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love straight. my high run is something in the thirties I think, not forty I don't think--I hvae my good days but I'm not good because they're not frequent enough, and even then I'm not all that good. but running through two breaks, that's when you've tasted what it really means to play pool. I need to get a table. or find someplace to play in New Orleans. there seems to be a place on tchoupitoulas but I haven't looked to see if it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya there! I think my highest was 34...that's the number that's stuck in my head, anyway.. I was playing at a local hall. I remember that was a great day, feeling like I could really play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Speaking of getting a table at your house.. I got one, then stopped playing! It was the weirdest thing. Course, didn't help that I hardly ever got anyone to come out to the house to play (we lived in the boonies [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) .

Good luck with your goal. Just remember to always try to think ahead; but once you finish looking where you want the ball to go, concentrate on that first shot again. Position means nothing if you don't sink the ball! (Unless of course your trying to safe it and stick your opponent [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Glenn