View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: HU LHE Defending BB (comparison between 1/2 and 1/3 SB)

the 40% is basically an estimate, i believe.

DS & MM point out that your opponenet will be showing a profit by raising everytime if you call <50%. they also say that, with position, he's obviously entitled to show a profit. they do the math to show that 33% is to little to call - you need to play more.

I think a MAJOR componenet to this part of the book is that you MUST RERAISE FREQUENTLY. this should cut down the amount of raises your opponent puts in, slowing him down. Once he's slowed down, you certainly don't want to call half your hands, as he'll be ahead more often if he's raising say 75% instead of 100%.

In terms of what to reraise, i remember somewhere in the 2+2 cannon reading that you want to reraise your best and worst hands. (it may've been in a HOH book?) maybe somthing like top 20% and bottom 20% of your calling hands, so you're calling 24% and raising 16%. this may be too much, i'm not really sure. the reason to raise the worse hands is to try to end it early when you're OOP.

I've kind of sprinkled in some NL stuff from Harrington into this, but it seems to apply.

I think the take home point is to not allow yourself to be run over, and to let your opponent know that he can't raise your blind with immunity.

hope this is even remotely clear/helpful