View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Am I the only one who sucks at hand reading?

alright, you can't put him on a "hand" but you can put him on a range here.

first off, is this guy a total donkey, meaning would he call that turn checkraise with a diamond draw? I'm guessing no, but a missed draw would fold to your push and it likely would beat 10 high if he called but I don't think that's likely.

Given the action I think he could have 99 - JJ. He would almost certainly have reraised any other hand, especially against a lag. He would call a checkraise with these on that board as well. He could have trips, but I don't see him calling the raise with that. He could have a full house with a flopped or turned set and is letting you bet it for him. He could have just a pair of 8's, maybe a diamond draw with A8 that turned top pair, finally he could have 67 or something similar. The reason I put him on all these hands is that i'm assuming he's not a donk and is not chasing a naked diamond draw without at least a pair.

You said in your original post that you were playing super laggy but now you are retracting this a little. I had a guy at my table playing super laggy last night and people were calling him down with a pair of 8's on a JQ296 board...stuff like that so don't discount the fact that this guy will call because if he calls 60 on the turn, the ONLY thing that doesn't call that river push is a missed diamond draw. Personally I think you are behind here most likely to a straight or two pair (jj-99). I think he calls as you've been laggy he thinks you are on missed overs or a missed diamond draw which is also what the river push could look like.