View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 06:29 AM

Default I ask for serious advice about this matter

I'm coming upto 30 soon, and I have been thinking about the decisions I made earlier in my life, I have no paper qualifications of any merit, a couple of C's, D's and E's at GCSE level thats all, I did nothing when I was at school, and I mean nothing. I have a decently paid job for the area I live in, and I almost own my house, it has a very small mortgage on it.

Anyway to the point of this thing, I'm seriously considering quitting my job and selling my house, in order to go to university to study a math degree. People might think I can't do it, because I'm not smart enough or too lazy. The fact is I am very smart, I was just an idiot for not working hard first time around, I can admit that.

I have no children and am not in a current long term relationship, so I have no ties at all. I suppose no one will have done this, but I'd like any advice I can get, its all a little scary to be honest.

I'm not lost or hopeless or anything, I could easily continue to live what Sklansky refers to as 'a life of quiet desperation', but I'd rather not.

Regards Mack