View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Faith & the odds of God\'s existence

"Those who feel like I do see no logical reason to believe in God, so we don’t, but we believe it’s possible. When we make a seat-of-our-pants guess at an appropriate odds line, we’re trying to get a good line down, using all available information (and yes, these lines are wildly subjective, and kind of silly, but also provide a little fun on a gambling website). But are we properly incorporating the information that billions of people believe in God, with no logical reason for it?"

This is a good question. Actually it could be reasonable to incorporate it. Except for one thing. The existence of so many religions. And the existence of so many religious people who are so sure they are right, (and other religions wrong,) that their opinions of those other religions is about as negative as athiest's opinions toward those religions. So it basically cancels things out as far as your question is concerned.

I have often written that even I would not be that sure of myself if the vast majority of people disagreed with me and all believed in the same religion.