View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Hurting with K/Q

Normally, Im not capping without a really good read on my opponent.

In this hand I really don't think it matters given the opponents stack. Because BB is so short stacked after the turn 3-bet I don't mind getting the rest of his chips in as short stacked players will overplay their hands when almost broke enough to offset the 1.125 BB more you lose by calling the 3-bet and check calling the river.

I like a slightly different line though (especially if opponent isn't so short stacked)

Preflop seems standard.

Im more inclined to c/r this flop and see if BB 3-bets because I have to be a little worried about AK. If three-bet I either calldown or donk bet the turn and calldown if raised.

No three bet on the flop I bet & 3-bet the turn and check call river if turn is capped.

No turn cap I bet the river.

One thing I notice more on Micro than small stakes is lack of reads, even if you only have 20 hands with the player that can does affect how you play the hand. Even at 1-2 and 2-4 you need to atleast get to level 2 thinking - what hands could my opponent have here? (Not really directed at his hand in particular, just micro posts in general)

Just my thoughts, Comments are welcome

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]