View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: 3rd street question

I think what you are referring to is this: with two kings up, the chance that SOMEONE has a pair of kings goes up. The chance of any individual person having kings goes down. And I think that with 3 kings up the chance of even "someone" having kings goes back down. (Feel free to correct me anyone.)

In terms of this specific hand I would probably reraise, but I'm an optimist [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. If you can get it headsup, the hand should mostly play like a stud high hand, and your pair with overcard should be in decent shape vs. a dead overpair if that's in fact what he has. You didn't say anything about the player, but generally there's a good chance he has something else in this situation (for one thing, if he's decent he might just fold dead kings, but be more willing to raise with a 3-flush, at least in my experience in stud high). So overall your equity should be good if you can get it headsup. It's particularly important to reraise here as the "ante" money is all live in a blind structure.

And if you have some sort of read that the 3 will likely come along, I agree you should strongly consider just folding.