Thread: Straight pool
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Straight pool

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like straight pool and billiards. Don't get to play billiards around here. I think the threshold in straight pool is 42 - 3 racks. I can't do it. I am trying to just be able to pick through one rack better and can do that more often than in the past. 30 measly balls is my high run on a gold crown. Next Derby City they are having an all offense straight pool competition. Break ball in hand, cue ball in hand, 3 chances for 50 in the prelims. 42 will get you like 1 chance in the final. 160 will get 3 or 4. Only your high run gets you chances. High run gets a prize. Will be interesting to see what the modern guys can do. Hohmann has run 400, so has schmidt. Somebody may uncork a ridiculous run even on the diamond tables. I hope accu-stats gets something good on video.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with those two, I'd be really interested in seeing Earl, Efren, and Jose Garcia from Jersey in that. Although Earl and Efren don't play much 14.1, I've seen a 360 from Efren and hear that Earl's high run is in the low 400's. Jose is super-pure. He's been uncorking quite a few 300's lately.