View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 PM

Default $200 PLO8: Do you have quads?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

MP1 is wild, LP-A.

MP2 is loose and bad, but not necessarily wild. I have only seen one orbit with him. He seems to go too far with his hands, that is all I know.

I have both covered.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero call, BB calls.

Flop: (~$5.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks. UTG checks. MP1 bets [$2]. MP2 calls [$2], Hero calls [$2], BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (~$11.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 bets [$2], MP2 calls [$2], Hero calls [$2].

River: ($21.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 bets [$21.85], Hero raises [$43.70], MP1 folds, MP2 raises [$131.10], Hero ??

Questions on all streets. I'm new at this, and probably not as aggressive (i.e. raising and folding) as I should be.

Specifically, I think a preflop raise is definitely in order - in the hand I saw that the blinds were very loose (flop seen &gt; 50) and was not sure how to handle the situation. The preflop raise is obvious, yes?

On the flop I opted to call and see what happened on the turn - MP1's bet and MP2's call mean very little on their own, and I may have the best hand. Is this too loose? Should I raise? fold?

The river might show my inexperience. I attempted a value raise, and got hit with a huge reraise. What does this mean?