View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: FairTax potential effects on gambling

I know very little about such things for the most part (I do know there are some top economists who think it would cause some big problems...especially at first).

But I do know that as an online poker player (full-time for income) I would LOVE to see such a tax.
Certainly would help us out in such situations as the IRS running around all over the place trying to figure out who has paid what they are supposed to be paying and who hasn't.

The thought that I would be saving however much money I would save if I were just a citizen of another country really kind of bugs me (even though I know of the advantages of being an American and some of the disadvantages of living elsewhere of course).

There are TONE of people today who aren't really thrilled with the tax-system as it is currently.
The tax-code is impossible to figure out in places. And who in the work-force loves seeing that HUGE chunk of their pay-check getting taken out month after month.

Indeed...my expenses are less due to no commute and other such stuff.

One of the guys who wrote the best-selling book was on the Daily Show the other night.
I guess this means he's probably touring some of the other talk-shows as well (such as the various morning network news-programs and what-not).