View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Default \"bet fold river\"

i read about this heads up concept here all the time. when OOP bet the river for value so that it doesn't get checked behind, but if you're raised you can fold with confidence. win the most, lose the least. my problem with that is, you're closing the action and you're getting the best pot odds for your call than at any other point in the hand. i find it very hard to fold to a river raise with something like top pair on an unthreatening board (i.e. 4flush, 4straight, 2pair). depends on the opponent, situation, cards, etc.. i know. and i also know that an opponent is raising with the least fear on the river. but wouldn't that make a good reason/place to bluff? even hellmuth in his book (eh) states that he's a calling station on the river in limit games.

how often are we bet/folding a day? doesn't it start to make you paranoid? don't others notice when you do this and start to take shots at you? don't you have to be unbelievably sure that you're beat in order to fold to a river raise heads up? i see those river raise bluffs called sometimes. i need to cut down on my 8balls.