View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Playing against friends

You are having trouble seperating your 'fun' game from your serious game. I play in a weekly game of dealer's choice (same of the choices include pass the trash, baseball, guts, etc.) with my neighbors. One night the host asks if we want to play a Hold'em Tourney. Everyone agrees (and knows that I am the only one in the group who plays on line). I crushed everyone, there were some hurt feelings and I doubt we will ever play a tournament again. Their bad play was magnified when it appeared that I always had the winning hand. They didn't stop to consider that I only saw 25% of the flops to their 90%+.

I have decided that the $20-$40 per week playing trash games is entertainment and I don't measure how much fun I had by the size of my bankroll. Some weeks I win, other I lose to 5 wild cards, but I always have fun. I suggest you adopt a similar approach since these guys are your best friends.

Also, if you are winning consistently why be thin-skinned after a bad beat and a horse race hand? Laugh it off, you playing with their money!