View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: I have to be ahead.....don\'t I?

I have been making this kind of mistake a lot. I assume my opponents are thinking logically and can only have certain hands. but you also have to think about how they look at you. they're thinking that you're a LAG, you checked the turn so you don't have a full house, probably just the 8c or something stupid like that, and the game is 5-handed where people tend to carry the idea that everyone else is full of [censored]. so you've thrown them a message that you don't have much of anything. now you can't trust them to know that since you raised the river you must have jacks full.

now if the river was the 2h, and the same action, I don't know what you beat. but as is, the CO's check-through followd by a 3-bet is probably the Ac, and BB didn't have to play his hand how you'd expect him to on the flop. if the CO checked through and then 3-bet a red deuce river, and the BB capped, the CO almost has to have a straight flush, and if not, the BB does.

nice message with the results posts