View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Playing marginal hands in late position with multiple players posting

"Well played or did I just luck out?"

In my opinion, you lucked out, but you also played it well after the flop. However, looking at the hand:

a) it was a very weak starting hand. The only reason I would play that hand under any conditions is if I was the BB and the pot is unraised, or if there's a hefty jackpot available that pays for quad 9's beaten.
b) the flop is good for you, I think you played it well, there was nothing more that you could do but raise there. Everyone calls so you still don't know what they're after. And realize that your meager low possibility has been counterfeited by the flopped "2".
c) The turn is another overcard and a spade flush possibility, and hopes for a low, again you played it well - there are still 2 callers, but you've shown yourself as strong all through the hand.
d) the river brings a straight possibility, but the low is gone - and both players fold to your bet. I wonder if they were going for low..or the spade flush.
e) I think when the limits are this low, it's a little harder to see things as clearly as far as players staying in until the river chasing after a hand