View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: 1 Year Anniversary of Online Poker Career

This is pretty close to how it went down for me. I've quit playing altogether for 3 months now and don't plan to play more than the occassional tourney for fun. Because poker is not fun when you have to play for a living.

Even though it was easy money, I found that I can earn more money focusing my energies into my business. It's amazing how much work I put into poker to earn $20/hr.

The stress and annoyness is just not worth $20/hr to me. And it is no longer fun. I'm sure no one has noticed me leaving, and I'm sure that there are many winning players like me who have quit after a few years.

A rarely lurk on here anymore. I just logged on today because I was curious how Absolute Poker was doing. I've been seeing a lot of TV commercials.

A piece of advice. Look for a new career. It's not going to get any easier.

HC

[ QUOTE ]

In early January, I finally got a 20" LCD and moved from 2 tabling to 4 tabling. I ran extremely well for close to 3 months. However, sometime in late March, there was a turning point that likely will turn out to be the reason my poker career will not last. I simply lost my passion for the game that I had had for the prior several years. I no longer got up in the morning anxious to open up some tables. The bad beats and lost coin flips started to become annoying instead of inspiring. It had gotten to where I felt that I need to force myself to play instead of constantly wanting to play. I no longer had my web browser constantly surfing the 2+2 boards.

Hopefully my 2 year report will be much better.

[/ QUOTE ]