View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: An Irieguy post I\'d like to hear more about (Blind play Lvs. 4-6

[ QUOTE ]
Blind play is possibly the most important part of STT play. It is possible to play from the SB/BB for a profit in this (STT) format of poker (which is not really possible in any other) and if one can do that, it's pretty much impossible to be a losing player.

Once the blinds become significant, you have to forfeit a significant portion of your stack every time you involuntarily post them. Being able to defend them optimally is very hard but of the utmost importance and, of course, is very contextual. Thankfully, there is a big bag of tricks one can use to help in this task. Unfortunately they involve reading the table well and being able to play 'real' poker, [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. In the higher buyin levels great blind play is pretty much imperative to be a significantly winning player.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My PT stats say i lose money in the blinds overall...but that if you take the amount i posted away...i'm a huge winner.

Is that what you mean by playing them profitably? Or are you saying there are people that are profitable in the blinds AFTER posting them?