View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Knowingly Taking the Worst of it

Always good to read some different view points. FWIW, I tend to think that we do have a herd mentality here, which is what makes the views of CSC, DavidROss, Locutus, etc very valuable. I tend to disagree with a lot of it, but it always makes me think.

What I was getting at (and am having a damn near impossible time getting anyone to talk about, even when I jack a MLG thread) was very specific times when you find yourself in the <10xBB range far enough from the bubble where there is no pure value to survival. I think this is an area that many players misplay (both too agro and too passive). I also think that a basic improvement would bring a significant increase to our ROIs. It revolves around the ideas Harrington talked about with his zone theories, but I think that we can get much more specific (which I am sure Dan does, but generalized for the masses). There is no doubt IMO, that entering into a -CEV situation can be +$EV (even when we are far from the bubble), I just want to figure out the where and when.