View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: WSOP \"My son dropped out of college to internet poker and we\'re pr

[ QUOTE ]
parents should not be proud of this, that doesnt mean college kids shouldnt play poker, but if i dropped out of college to play poker professionally unless i become incredibly rich (making 200K a year is not rich) i would view my life as a failure in many ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would becoming 'incredibly rich' playing poker make any difference to the merits of the activity? And I'm guessing your criteria for 'incredibly rich' excludes all living poker players, or what can be made playing poker.

And all this piffle about contributing to society....

How many college grads really contribute to the betterment of human kind?

Very few people have the talent to really make a difference to humanity, and most college grads are thinking about making bucks, not improving society.

If you can make a living playing poker and that floats your boat, is that any worse than grinding it out as a miserable mid-level manager/executive for some multinational?

And yes, Bush proves you can underachieve your whole life, and still become the 'leader of the free world.' To which I reply - the first rule of ethical conduct is "do no harm." [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]