View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: WSOP \"My son dropped out of college to internet poker and we\'re pr

[ QUOTE ]
If I had a kid i wouldn't let them drop out to play poker. in fact my parents won't let me drop out and play poker. but the difference between me and my parents is that if my kid wanted to play poker proffesionally after college i'd be down

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Maybe thats why you don't have any children, because you view them as "things" to have control over and not individuals to shape into better people. I love my parents very much not only for the morals and values that they instilled in me, but for the freedom and support that they gave me in all aspects of my life. I paid for college 100%, which is why the choice was mine and mine alone. If you watch the coverage and/or read the newspaper articles that have been written on the subject, you will see that my mother was always somewhat against the notion of me "gambling" for a living, but over time grew to understand that it was a viable career choice, and one that I exhibited proficient skill at to be successful at a high level. This is what good parents do: they SUPPORT even if they are not fully convinced themselves, because they trust that the way they raised their child will help him/her make the correct decisions in life, and that he/she will have to learn from mistakes made in life.