View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Why do you stay married?

I'm at two years but I'll answer. My wife is cool as hell. She's great around the house and she's a super mom. I'm still attracted to her and our sex life isn't bad.

Do I wish I could chase after some of the skirt I see on a daily basis? Sure. But I've already done all that stuff. I'm older now and I have to kids, I think there just came a point in time where I realized the whole singles scene wasn't for me anymore.

So I knocked up my g/f and married her. The whole marriage/kids thing has really helped me understand and accept myself and I think I'm pretty happy with how it all worked out.

My wife is pretty laid back. She lets me do a lot of things that a lot of wives wouldn't - i.e. smoke weed, game, play poker, do stuff with friends (with no guilt trips involved) I know it sounds corny, but she's my best friend. And I get to [censored] her on top of that so that's pretty sweet too.

My one real gripe is that I'm pretty open to a lot of sexual things that I don't know if she'll ever try or not. She came from a really conservative family but I'm working on her.

To summarize my rambling, I just think there comes a point in time where most people want some stability that Miss Random Bimbo can't give you.