View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Online Cash Games (Research & Review)

[ QUOTE ]
Basically my problem is that I didn't like it enough to seek out good games. And that is the krux with PLO8. Good games are fleeting and sometimes tough to find. It is a situation of constantly hitting & running. Table selection is of utmost importance. Playing for hours got too frustrating for me, because I was constantly having to seek out good games, on different sites. A game would start out great, with over 75% seeing the flop, and large pots for the buy-in, then quickly become unplayable (like within 5-15 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Just not true. As someone who has played the games daily for a good 4 years online I disagree strongly. Bad players do not often know they are bad, instead they see themselves as "unlucky". It was unlucky that someone had ace high flush, it was unlucky that they missed their big draw to half a pot, it was unlucky they won a quarter. These players rebuy a lot, so long as no-one is out there to give them a rubdown when they do get lucky.
Staying at the same table is indeed the secret, by accumulating a large stack you skew the pot size average for the table. On the times I've made 15x original buyin, and start shoving, the pot average can reach 4x the usual. This brings good and bad alike to the table all wanting some of the action, but more importantly they all believe it's a loose table. When the table is loose, you have to loosen up also......
Sitting in the same game for hours is great, if you stick to party poker this is quite managable.