View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know anything?

I begrudgingly accept the fact that they can vote. Simply because to take away someone's right to vote causes problems.

However, I have no illusions they will add to the political process. Anyone stupid enough to support a min wage probably can't add two numbers or go to the bathroom by themselves. The idea that they pick our leaders is disheartening.

Mainly, I'm just mad at stupid people. As citizens we have responsibilities to be remotely knowledgeable about the issues we vote on. Voting is both a right and a priviledge with attached responsilities. Just as I think its amazingly retarded people don't want evolution taught in schools, its amazingly retarded someone would want a minimum wage. We aren't talking about an idealogical difference here. We aren't talking about what is an approriate level of taxation or what we can do for the enviorment. Those are value judgements. However, policies like the two I mentioned are simply retarded, there is no logical arguement for them. Anyone that supports them does so through sheer ignorance of simple facts and logic. Facts and logic that they as voting citizens have a responsibility to understand.