View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Poker and Relationships

I'm crossposting this (Texas Hold'Em caterogy/ Other Other Topics) - I hope this isn't against the 2+2 rules, but I'm looking for as many responses as possible.

Long time reader, not much of a poster. I frequently post to two other HE forums, but I came here in search of a serious answer. I won't link the sites, b/c I don't want to to think I'm spamming. lol...

For the guys who have a wife / girlfriend, etc: How do you guys manage both? This sounds like a silly question, but if you're in a long term relationship, how do you manage having adequate poker-time and adequate "relationship" time?

I graduated law school in May. Studied non-stop for the PA + NJ bar exams. Took the bars in late July. Before starting to study for the bar, I would play regularly, at least an hour and a half/day.

Money hasn't been an issue... it's time. I'm not a degenerate to "gamble the rent money," and she knows this, so she's only concerned w/ the fact that I play so often.

She's a great girl - love her to death - and I hope to get engaged before this Christmas.

OK: If you have a significant "other," how do you handle poker and your relationship? Do you have an agreement worked out? Portion of your winnings to go into the "family," etc?

--
Lou