View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: \"Islam is a peaceful religion\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It is time to stop sacrificing the lives of our troops in Iraq. One U.S. soldier's life is worth way more to me than the life of an Iraqi civilian and it is definitely worth more than the life of a Muslim terrorist in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of thinking that causes much of this chaos in the world.

We're all the same - it doesn't matter if we're American, Iraqi, or whatever. This "we're better than them" reasoning is pathetic and absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

However.... I have to say, if Iran really want to start their nuclear processing stuff, they are just begging to get bombed. There's no way a government that has direct ties/sympathies with suicide bombers can even get a sniff of nukes.

Having said that, this news leads me to three possible reasons for the reporting about Iran restarting nuclear stuff:

1) It's some sort of brinksmanship, and Iran want something from the world - funding, support etc?
2) This is deliberate misinformation in a runup to attacking iran - Cheney + his cronies would be behind that.
3) Iran are blinded to what's gonna happen by their own sense of superiority (much like Saddam was, I gues).

I reckon (2) myself, but could be (3). I doubt (1), but Libya did it in the end, so you never know.