View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Call all in on a draw?

[ QUOTE ]
This is essentially the flop you're looking for by calling with that hand. You're likely up against an overpair and who knows what from the caller, maybe two overs hoping to get lucky. You're getting just under 2.5 to 1 odds and are 1.3 to 1 to make your straight or flush - both of which are likely good. I think it's a good risk to take and I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would have folded this hand pre-flop, but I think after the flop you have odds to call. I wouldn't be happy, but I probably make that call.

No one else has mentioned it, but your overcard outs may even be good too, though you should of course discount them pretty heavily. The SB probably has a hand like AKo. The MP guy is harder to put on a hand. 67s, pocket sevens (or even pocket eights) are not out of the question though he probably is further ahead of you than that.

Also you need to keep in mind that even if the MP player beats you, you can still have a decent number of chips (looks like 10-11 big bets at the current level) by just beating the SB's hand. (And to beat a dead horse, I don't think you have to discount your overcard outs as much against him.)